The Doctrine of Baptisms
Mark 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
The way I see it, there are five baptisms in the New Testament, four of which are radically relevant for us today:
1. The baptism of John: This was for Jews under the law, and was a baptism of repentance, symbolized by water baptism. We see this here being exhibited in Mark 1, and again discussed in Acts 19.
2. Water baptism: An outward sign of an inward change. A sacrament of the church, where we recognize new, born-again believers into the faith, by immersing them in water. The word baptism used here means: ‘to immerse’.(Mark 16:16, Matt 28, Acts 2:38)
3. Baptism into the Body of Christ: This is the new birth experience, where one becomes a new creature in Christ Jesus. (Acts 19, Acts 8:16)
4. Baptism in the Holy Spirit, (see the teachings I posted on this:
5. Baptism in fire: Mt 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Luke 3:16
Normally, I post a pretty in depth teaching, and then invite you to pray.
Not with this teaching, I am simply doing my due diligence as a five fold ministry gift, and training and equipping you, by giving you some of my Bible lessons, so that you can teach others to do what the Word says. This should save you a bunch of preparation time leader, so copy and paste these, because you are going to need them.