30 Dangerous things that can happen to a person who focuses too much on God’s love for them.
Recently, I have seen warnings from ministers to “beware” of focusing too much on God’s love. They seem to believe it is a dangerous thing to have too much information, knowledge or experience about God’s love. My question to them is, “what possible danger is there in knowing and experiencing too much of God’s love?”
I came up with a list of 30 possible dangers that could happen if you focus too much on God’s love for you. I could have easily come up with a few hundred more but here are some that I believe to be the most dangerous.
1. They will speak the truth in love. Ephesians 4:15
2. Their faith will work because faith works by love. Galatians 5:6
3. They will know God because He is love. 1 John 4:8
4. They will accurately communicate the gospel because the gospel is a revelation of God’s love for man. Ephesians 3:18-19
5. They will walk in love. Ephesians 5:2
6. They will have a better understanding of the scriptures because they were written by God who was motivated by love. John 3:16
7. They will evangelize because love is the motive to reach a lost world. John 13:34
8. They will have far more confidence in God because they believe in the love He has for them. Romans 8:35-39
9. People who fall in love with God, fall out of love with sin. 2 Corinthians 5:14
10. In loving others, they are actually loving and knowing God. 1 John 4:7-8
11. They will repent quicker because they know God’s goodness for them. Romans 2:4
12. They will know that nothing can ever separate them from God. Romans 8:38-39
13. They will overcome every obstacle and situation because they are convinced God loves them. Romans 8:37
14. They will reflect perfectly and accurately their true nature and God’s character because He is love. Ephesians 5:1
15. They will always know how to treat people, even their enemies. Luke 6:27-28
16. They will have a love, an insatiable appetite, for God’s word. 1 John 2:5
17. They will model what it is like to be loved by God in the same way Jesus did. John 15:9
18. The world will know they belong to Jesus because of their love for one another.
19. Wives will be extravagantly loved because their husbands will love them as Christ loved the church. Ephesians 5:25
20. They will never fail because love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:8
21. They will know the heart of God because it is full of compassion and mercy.
22. They will be extravagantly generous because love is giving by nature. John 3:16
23. They will be free from fear because perfect love drives out all fear. 1 John 4:18
24. They will fulfill every expectation that God has for them. Romans 13:10
25. They will never be spiritually unbalanced because they know love is greater than faith and hope. 1 Corinthians 13:13
26. They will never lose their faith because their heart is grounded and rooted in God’s love for them. Ephesians 3:17-21
27. They will always know that God will do exceedingly and abundantly for them beyond anything they could ask, imagine or think. Ephesians 3:20
28. They will always know the truth and live in freedom. John 14:6
29. What comes out of their mouth will always be laced with grace. Colossians 4:6
30. They will be spiritually mature. Ephesians 4:15
No where in the entire Bible does Jesus, Paul or the other apostles ever warn believers that focusing to much on God’s love for them can be dangerous thing.
So, I really don’t see any downside to a believer knowing or experiencing too much of God’s love. Seems like all these minister’s warnings to people to be careful about being exposed to too much of God’s love need a healthy dose of knowing and experiencing God’s love for themselves.
By the way, this list of 30 dangerous things that could happen if you focus too much on God’s love for you, isn’t dangerous to you but it is very dangerous to the devil who knows the impact and transformation that happens when a believer focuses on God’s love for them!
By Ed Elliot https://www.facebook.com/wordoflifeworldoutreach/